The Last Season

The Last Season
One Dark and One Light...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Island Tourists

I was really anxious to start the season and see where the writers were going to lead us in this new storyline for season 4. Sure the first episode started a little slow. Then we had a set up episode about the new "boaties" (I like this term better than "Freighties"). But then I read the recappers covering S4Ep2. I almost had to puke. Enough of the Fantastic Four nonsense, were you all drinking the same Kool-Aid and reading the same comic books?

This weeks batch of recappers finally hit their stride with some insightful and clever observations. I especially have to give props to Erica aka "e" from Long Live Locke for an excellent summary and for supporting my notion that time is a very relevent part of this story.

This blog is called "LOST island TIME" after all. I picked up on this little notion just about the time I first saw the "Black Rock" sitting out there in the jungle all alone. This was reinforced by the skeletons in the "Rape Caves" Thanks, Shannon.

But the proof in the pudding is courtesy Daniel Faraday and his little payload experiment. Now how to explain this, I mean 31 seconds or 31 minutes doesn't really matter to me except to prove there is something weird about the island in the stream of time.

I wish I could come up with some all encompassing theory about what is going on in terms of the time difference between island time and rest of world time, but I can't. I'm really just along for the ride like most of you.

Something else that has been bugging me. Now that we know some survivors are going to get off island, it kind of makes their remaining time on island a little less perilous, doesn't it? Hurley is not in any danger, likewise Kate and Jack. We know that Sayid has a safe ride back home and no matter what happens when he reaches the freighter, he won't be in any real mortal danger.

Now the same can't really be said for those who stay behind. I am afraid something very bad is going to happen to the rest of the castaways. Sawyer, Locke and Claire are in for some nasty business ahead.

Now that the setup stuff is done, how about we get to the meat of the story?

Namaste
hatchling23

1 comment:

Capcom said...

Yes..."Where's the beef?!"