The Last Season

The Last Season
One Dark and One Light...

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute



Poor Chawley, gave it up for the team. That's gotta earn you a spot with the good guys, right?

I'm fully expecting to hear Charlie whispers every time we see either Claire or Aaron.

An excellent hero's death. The writers brought their "A" game for the season finale. Last night I posted that every picture tells a story. Well, tonight I have just that picture in this article. One of the first scenes we will see this season is Hugo back in civilization, unfortunately not exactly where he wants to be. The first episode of season 4 is Hurley centric.

Tonight CRAZY whacked out theory:

Although I have already seen a spoiler shot of Hurley with short hair which I assume to be
set in a flashforward. Hurley is after all, one of the Oceanic 6. I can't imagine they would have a major cast member so radically change his appearance unless he was either going to get bumped off soon or he would no longer have any island scenes anymore.

I believe that the latter is the case. Once Hugo is rescued he will be cleaned up by his mother, get a haircut, get a shave and take over your money empire again. He will be welcomed back by everybody except Daddy who has been livin' large on Hugo's money.

But then Hugo starts talking crazy talk. Stuff about smoke monsters, healing fast and Bald men who type 4,8,15,16,23,42 over and over again every 108 minutes. Powerful, Crazy old men living in abandoned shacks in the jungle...

Suddenly daddy sees a way to get the money back. Next thing you know Hugo is back at Santa Rosa Mental Health Institute and he has a new friend. That's right, that little fall off the cliff got rid of Dave forever. From now on Charlie is his new BFF.



I held back this little theory because I still hadn't made up my mind about it. It certainly is Charlie Pace, but it looks more like his early Driveshaft days. I'm almost certain that is Hugo Reyes standing there facing him. In the background is what looks like an asphalt driveway.

There's poor Hugo sitting in the loony bin wishing he were back on the beach when he picks up a magazine and sees an article, with an old picture of Charlie Pace of Driveshaft and he's overwhelmed by emotion, and suddenly, there's Charlie, his new cell mate.

Now me personally, I would have dreamed up Libby as my imaginary friend if I had to live there. I really hope we don't see this as the last shot of LOST. "OH it was all in Hugo's Head!"
I would be bummed out.

Namaste
hatchling23

2 comments:

Capcom said...

Oh brother, what a horrible variation on the "Snowglobe" ending that would be! Yikes! Let's hope not. Heheh, the last scene of the final episode, is Hurley sitting in his cell with all his island friends crowded in there with him. :o)

That's an interesting theory about Hurley's future. If Jorge really did get his hair cut and it's not just some kind of make-up department trick, something has got to be amiss when we get back to the island in the new season. I really hope that they are not killing Hurley off. That would be the only way TPTB could make me cry more than when charlie died. :-(

lost fan said...

my question is does hugo really see dead people, or does teh smoke thing make him think that way? jsut a thoguht