The Last Season

The Last Season
One Dark and One Light...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Off Season












During the extremely long hiatus I had the opportunity to watch some other series on DVD. I had received new box sets for both my Birthday and at Christmas. While watching Deadwood, an excellently written series I must say, I noticed a few LOST alumni. First being Paula Malcomson, who on LOST we know as Colleen, the Other who was shot by Sun on the sailboat. I spotted Kim Dickins, who is Cassidy Yates, Sawyer's partner in crime and eventually his baby mama.

Then I saw Titus Welliver, who we only saw on screen in that visage for a few brief moments in the Finale as the infamous MIB. An impressive presence since that is the only screen time he's gonna get as Locke is now the apparent perma-face for Smokey. There was also William Sanderson, who was the Others interrogator named Oldham when he was questioning Sayid Jarrah while Sayid was tripping on truth serum.

Not last and not least was Robin Weigert, who portrayed Juliet's ill sister whom Juliet was trying, or should I say did impregnate artificially. Kind of a weird vibe during those scenes, I mean why was Ethan Rom/Goodspeed coming out of her room just as Juliet was walking down the hall?

I finished Deadwood a week before the premiere of LOST so the cast was still fresh in my mind. So how surprised was I to see yet another Deadwood/Lost crossover. Lennon, played by actor John Hawkes makes his appearance in the LOST universe(s). WOW, I guess I should check to see if it's the same casting department.

Namaste
hatchling23

No comments: